- - Latest reply: EdoubleU
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
- Sep 26, 2015 at 06:16 PM
I bought a used acer aspire one zg5 and cannot connect it to my wireless connection. It shows it's connected but everytime I try to go online it says working offline. I uncheck the working offline thing and it still won't connect me. I tried the suggestion to turn power save mode off and it still won't connect. It keeps trying to get me to connect with dial up or broadband even though it shows i'm connected to my wireless network.
See more 

3 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
Thank you
you have to go into your connections and under that vpn settings one, click on remove for dialup, broadband & ipsn site then restart . should be good to go after that.

Say "Thank you" 1

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5700 users have said thank you to us this month

-
Where do I find connections - be specific please. I am a tech dummy
-
Cant find how to remove lwhat you said
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
October 11, 2019
Thank you
OK, try this.....check to see if the antivirus is valid.

If you have a valid antivirus running, go to here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Let us know what you find!
lostandconfused
Registration date
Friday September 25, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 26, 2015
-
a window pops up that says dial up connection and gives me the options to select broadband connection, dialup connection or virtual private connection or to work offline but no option for wireless
Registration date
Friday August 28, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 3, 2015
Thank you
sorry, just seeing you replied. you can go to the control panel>internet options>connections. it will show you in the box there if those are enabled. there is also an option to set up an internet connection right above that box. You can also right click on the little bars where it shows whether you're connected to the internet in the toolbar for your desktop screen. from there, you can troubleshoot your connection or open the network sharing center which will also let you run a set up for your wireless. it could just be your adapter for the wireless is missing. I'm not a tech person either so if any of that doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to make it easier to understand.