My 1tb seagate harddisk shows empty

Closed
NimishaR Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 3, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2016 - May 3, 2016 at 06:08 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017 - May 4, 2016 at 03:06 AM
I am using windows 10 . earlier my 1tb seagate hard disk was working fine but now it is showing empty. i had lots of important data in it . I had tried cmd solution but it is showing access denied , i had also tried solution of folder options but still it is not fixed. Please help me over this...

2 replies

Blocked Profile
May 3, 2016 at 06:30 PM
HOw old is the drive? How long have you had it? Did you use it to transfer large files; or as a back up drive, and it was just connected all of the time?
I had hard drive from 6 months . I use it for back up of important data like docx, music and video files. I rarely use it bt still it is nw messed.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017 154
May 4, 2016 at 03:06 AM
Hi NimishaR,

Could you tell me if the drive is recognized in Disk Management and in Device Manager? When in Disk Management, check if the drive has a proper file format. Since you are using Windows 10, I would recommend you to open the motherboard manufacturer’s web page and install the latest chipset and SATA controllers.
If you have the option, please check the HDD as a secondary drive on another PC. Try to access and backup your files. If you manage to save all important data, download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and do complete drive check.

Hope this helps