Computer won't run Intenso 1TB 3.0 USB Hard drive

Closed
hn--ch - Jun 19, 2015 at 08:58 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Jun 29, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Hello,

I have an Asus EeePC and recently bought an Intenso 1TB USB 3.0 Hard drive. When I bought it everything worked fine and it ran on my computer perfectly. Now however, when I plug it in the blue light turns on but nothing pops up on my computer (I've checked disk manager and devices but it also doesn't show up there). After a few minutes the blue light turns off.
My computer does recognize it when I plug it in my USB 2.0 port but no longer in the USB 3.0 port.

I have tried everything but it just doesn't seem to work so help would be greatly appreciated.

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Jun 19, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Hey there, hn--ch.

Whenever there are any sort of HDD issues, the first step should always be a data backup (if you haven't done one already), so that you're on the safe side if something unexpected happens.
I'd advise you to try the laptop with a different USB cable (shorter than 12") with the USB 3.0 port again and if possible another computer's USB 3.0 port.
Also, trying another USB 3.0 drive with the problematic USB 3.0 port on your laptop will help you isolate the problem. This way you'll know if it's a USB port problem, HDD issue, or a faulty USB cable.
You could also download a diagnostic tool and test the drive, to see what's the situation.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD
Thank you. It seems to be working when I plugged it in another computers USB 3.0 port so I am guessing it is a USB port problem.
I have tried reinstalling the USB 3.0 port, but still no luck.
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > hn--ch
Jun 29, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Well, I'd also suggest that you try it with all the ports on that computer to see if the same thing happens. By saying you've reinstalled the USB 3.0 port, I assume you mean that you've reinstalled the Universal Serial Bus drivers and not the HDD's drivers. I'd recommend that you uninstall the HDD from Device Manager as well and then reconnect it to the computer, so that Windows can install its drivers again, to see if this fixes the problem.