2tr WD My Passport Ultra not responding

Closed
Ayo - May 24, 2016 at 11:57 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 11, 2016 at 04:01 AM
Hello,

I have a 2tr WD My Passport Ultra.
When I plug it to my computer, it is not recognised nor listed as one of the drives. Though the pilot light on the device (My Passport) comes on.
However, when I want to eject, it is listed for ejection.
When plugged, I can feel the drive spinning but the drive doesnt appear.
Please help on what to do.
Regards

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 24, 2016 at 01:40 PM
Still not recognised. Somewhere I got an error (10) message
My passport drive makes a sound like when a disk is slotted into a DVD driver but doesnt load.
Can you please send link to download the original driver or the one compatible with Windows 10. This may be what is affecting it.
Thanks
I have the same issue With a My Passport Ultra 2 TB and an Asus Rog G751JT WIN-10, In a HP Satelite-WIN 7 it work perfectly but in win 10 I have issues.

I cant read or write, the WD HDD Crash ever I tried to do some thing. I cant analise or repair, I tried to update Firmware but the HDD cannot be detected by WD software.

Disk part doesn't work well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers by device manager, But Didn't work.
Dear Darknel

Thank you for sharing your experience and comforting that I'm not alone.

I hope WD can and will come to our "rescue" with a useful soultion to this challenge.

Regards
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 11, 2016 at 04:01 AM
Hi Darknel,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your My Passport drive. You have done pretty good job troubleshooting the problem. I would recommend you to search for some driver updates from the laptop manufacturer’s web page. Search for USB drivers updates. Furthermore, check if your Windows 10 is up to date. Open Disk Management and check if the drive is recognized there. If it is not, open Device Manager and uninstall the USB hubs. Restart the laptop and reconnect the My Passport Drive. If you have important data on the drive, I recommend you to back it up. To verify the condition of your drive, download Data Lifeguard Diagnostic and run the quick and the extended test.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=41IKwG

Hope this helps