Acer aspire laptop wont turn on

Closed
Chris - Jul 6, 2016 at 05:12 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 13, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Hello,
One day i was using my laptop then i went to the bathroom and when i returned it was off. it wasn't even plugged in. so i tried to do the power reset and i even took out the RAM and nothing is working. Is it possible that my motherboard is fried? Coz if it is i dont even know if i should get a new one coz my laptop is no longer under warranty
Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 7, 2016 at 08:11 AM
Hello Chris,

What do you mean by “it wasn't plugged in”? Were you using your laptop on battery or on power charger? Was there any power outages while you were away?

My suggestion is to take out the hard drive from the laptop bay and to connect it to another location via an adaptor SATA-USB. If the drive spins up correctly there, make a full backup of all of your data. If there's a need to replace the motherboard, you will have to install the OS from scratch.

Cheers.
It was running on battery so i doubt a power surge would have been an issue. i have already used the harddrive somewhere else and it works so that isnt a problem. Ive replaced the motherboard twice already and both times the charging and power lights would come on but the screen wouldnt. This time nothing comes on. im just afraid that if i try to replace the motherboard and that isnt the problem. The last 2 times it was on warranty.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Chris
Jul 13, 2016 at 08:39 AM
Hi again,

While the leds were on could you hear the hard drive spinning? If you could, then the problem could be hiding within the display of the laptop itself. While changing the MB, have you tested the LCD inverter? I mean both the inverter tube and inverter board? If not, may it's time tо check them out.

Good luck. Cheers.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 8, 2016 at 05:05 PM
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck