-
Registration date
Saturday July 9, 2016
Status
Last seen
July 10, 2016
-
Hello,
I am trying to add a second monitor to my acer aspire 5515 I have up graded it to a duel core 5050 processer and 4g memory chip. I am trying to us this lap to do Karaoke Shows using Hoster software. Is there a software fix or do I have to replace some hardware?
Any help would be appreciated.
Howie

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Your laptop includes a VGA port. You should be able to attach a monitor using a VGA cable. Then use the correct Function key to activate the output port and configure the display via the Control Panel.

Good luck
Registration date
Saturday July 9, 2016
Status
Last seen
July 10, 2016

I can get a second monitor to work but I want the laptop screen and the monitor to both work at the same time.
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
1,778 >
Registration date
Saturday July 9, 2016
Status
Last seen
July 10, 2016

you should have an option in the monitor icon of the Control Panel. You want to select the "clone" option.
Registration date
Saturday July 9, 2016
Status
Last seen
July 10, 2016

When searching I find that I should be able to use the fn and f5 to switch from either monitor or both this function does not work. also found that if I press windows icon key and P I get message that says your PC can not project to another monitor. Not sure about either.
could not find any were about clone option.
I really appreciate all your help. I am trying to use this laptop that I have for doing KJ work. If I can get it to work It would save me a lot.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!