Computer booting but no signal from monitor

Closed
Mazew22 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2016 - Nov 5, 2016 at 03:43 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 14, 2016 at 09:56 AM
HELP!

Desktop tower

I've read all the threads about computers booting but no signal from monitor (with keyboard working "caps lock" test) and tried all the advice from those threads. What works only one time is unplugging all cables and holding the power button for 30sec-1m, once the tower powers down the monitor will not turn back on. Every 10 or so boots I can get a signal to my monitor and actually use the computer, when its on I can't find anything wrong with the parts. Video card is running 100% on all benchmarks ran (3D Mark, Heaven Benchmark, VRMark).

I've taken all parts out and re-seated them.
Dusted all parts individually
Tested 4 HDMI cables from video card

Running:
i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz
EVGA 980 SC ACX2.0
CX600M

Does anyone have a solution for the monitor to have signal every time you boot?
Please advise!

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 7, 2016 at 03:59 AM
Hi Mazew,

Have you tried using another monitor or a TV? You should confirm where the issue comes from. Another thing you should check is disconnecting the video card and booting while connected to the integrated card. If you are still not getting signal, then most probably the issue is motherboard/CPU related. You should seek technical assistance. You have done pretty good job trying to troubleshoot the problem, but you may need additional tools and hardware to confirm your motherboard’s condition.

Hipe this helps

Mazew22 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2016
Nov 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Have tried on 2 monitors and 1 TV, the issue still happened regardless of the output device. Will try integrated graphics next, thanks for the advise. BTW since the posting i read another help forum about this issue specifically about the CMOS battery on the MOBO, i have replaced that battery since posting and the issue still persists.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Mazew22 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2016
Nov 14, 2016 at 09:56 AM
Hi again Mazew.

I am sorry for my late response. The issue still persists? Changing the CMOS may help if the issue is BIOS related, but if the problem persists with the integrated graphic card, there may be a hardware problem. Unfortunately in that case there best thing to do is to seek some suggestions from a technician. The good news is that sometimes similar motherboard issues are repairable.