Toshiba Satellite not working

Closed
killer22911 - Dec 5, 2016 at 07:10 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM
Hello,
I had my laptop running for a few days, gave it ample exhaust room and battery, and I've done this many times before. This last time, after I shut it down, it doesn't seem to start back up normally. I'll turn on the power, and the backlight for the keyboard turns on, and tthe ring around the power, I'll hear the hard drive disks spin up, and then it just sits like that. Notice I didn't mention the screen. Thats because it dousnt turn on. Would I call this a hard drive problem, a screen problem, or another problem. I haven't done anything to it since it turned off, so there shouldn't be anything going on like this. I've also tried to connect to external displays, and also it does nothing. No signal.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM
Hello killer22911,

I have some quiestion regarding the issue that you have. The first on is whether the laptop is still under warranty and the second – does the hard drive continue to spin even when you are not seing a thing on the display? If not and just shuts down may be the problem could be resolved by pulling out the CMOS battery. You must do that after you have pulled out the battery and the power cord of the laptop and only if the laptop is out of warranty, otherwise it would void it!
Open the lid and localize the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Let me know if that helped.