Acer aspire won't load past logo

Closed
Millyj111 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2016 - Updated by Millyj111 on 29/12/16 at 09:35 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 30, 2016 at 03:36 AM
Hi all. I'm hoping to get some help with my laptop. I've come home from work, tried to turn my laptop on but it won't move past the "Acer explore beyond limits" screen. It doesn't even have the little loading circle. My laptop was working fine this morning so I'm not sure what's brought this on. I've tried holding shift f8, f8, shift f10 but nothing is loading up a safe mode or repair mode. I've held the power button down for 30 seconds but that hasn't done anything when starting it up again either. I'm not sure if I should leave it on the logo screen until it runs out of battery or to hold it down for 30 seconds again and try again in the morning. My model is aspire f 15, please help!!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 29, 2016 at 10:34 AM
Hi Millyj,

It seems like your laptop has blocked loading on the manufacturer’s logo. I presume you cannot get to BIOS screen, right? In that case you may need to use a factory restore button combination. Please check your laptop’s manual for more information. When it comes to Acer laptop, usually you should hold the 0 button while pressing the power button to turn on the PC. Release the 0 button when you hear beeping noises. Please have in mind that using a factory reset will affect the data stored on the hard drive. Do you have valuable data in the laptop?
If you do, you may need to seek a way to back it up. The best solution may be to disconnect the hard drive and connect it in a desktop PC as a secondary storage drive. If your laptop is under warranty, you should contact the seller before opening the back of the laptop.

Hope this helps

Millyj111 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2016
Dec 29, 2016 at 04:35 PM
Thank you for replying :) unfortunately that didn't do anything but I googled factory reset and held alt f10, and a message saying "no bootable device" came up :l not sure what to do now
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > Millyj111 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2016
Dec 30, 2016 at 03:36 AM
Sorry about that, the factory reset button combination may be different, depending on the PC model. Do you get that message right after you press the F10 button or after you try to perform factory reset? Please open the BIOS menu and check if the hard drive is correctly recognized. Do you have system restore disks? If you do not have those, you may need to use a Windows installation drive in order to boot from it and reinstall your operational system. In any case, the hard drive should be correctly recognized in BIOS and if it is not, there may be a hardware or a connectivity issue.