Gateway 507GR wont start..

Closed
Abby - May 16, 2009 at 04:27 PM
 pvtidy - Oct 31, 2009 at 06:42 AM
Hello,
I've had my Gateway 507GR desktop for almost 5 years now, NO problems until now.. I was sitting on it the other night and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the fans seemed to stop: they're very loud always have been so it's obvious when they stop.. So I shut the computer down and waited for a few minutes and pressed the button to turn it back on, the blue light on the start button turns on, no fans start up, no noises from inside the computer at all, and the monitor doesn't show anything. Went and got a new power supply hooked it up, but it still does the same exact thing, except every once and awhile one fan will start and stop within a second of hitting the power button. I have no idea what else the problem could be, any ideas would be really helpful!

2 responses

Having the same problem, and I can trick the board into staying on by holding the power button down and pulsing the a/c power fast enough that the green/blue LED stays off. Once I get a good spin on the fans, I leave the power on. Appears to be the board, and many sites are saying that the capacitors are the number one suspect.
ituserit Posts 10 Registration date Monday March 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2009 2
May 17, 2009 at 06:33 AM
Hello there. just take out the memory ram modules and put them back again! if the problem persists there must be a problem with the processor!