Laptop kept shutting and now it won't turn back on

Closed
AlexicG21 - Mar 23, 2017 at 05:19 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2017 at 05:23 AM
Hello, so I have a Dell and my laptop suddenly started shutting off, I'm going to say like about three times until it completely shut off on me. Now it won't turn on. But when it was randomly shutting off i would plug in the charger and the white light would turn on indicating it was charging and i would press the power button and it would turn back on so I let the first time slide because I thought the battery was dead but it shut off again while I was on Netflix and it kinda scared me because i had the charger plugged in so i removed the charger and plugged it back in my laptop and the white light turned back on and i was able to turn it on but a couple of minutes later is shut off again. The last time it shut off which was the third attempt i tried doing the charger thing again but the white light didn't turn on and now my laptop doesn't want to turn on. This also happened in one night. HELP. What do I do?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 23, 2017 at 05:23 AM
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck