- Toshiba laptop stuck in boot loop
- Toshiba satellite boot loop - Best answers
- Toshiba laptop stuck in restart loop - Best answers
- My Toshiba laptop won't boot ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Gateway laptop stuck in boot loop ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Factory reset Gateway Laptop ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- XP Won't start, not even in safe mode ✓ - Forum - Windows XP
- Gateway Laptop LED turns on but doesn't boot ✓ - Forum - Laptop
What is the boot order set to? Reset the BIOS to defaults. Is it attempting to boot, then not going to a bootable device and restarting?
No, typically you would have to boot into the OS shell to get to that, try hitting F8 during boot and see if it brings up options. It may be the DEL key for your MB.
Ok, BIOS was set to default when I first started with the laptop. Initially it was set to boot from the hdd, but I changed that after spending hours to get out of the loop. It is now set to boot from CD because my last installation didn't finish (I was trying to get rid of the lg screen). The "hold down 0 and switch on" to do a factory reset, clearly doesn't work. The bios also doesn't have the option under boot, to do a recovery. Outdated perhaps?
Bios definitely outdated. BUT here's the good news. I solved the problem. When I assembled the machine long after pumpkin time, I was so tired and fed up, that I forgot to put back the battery, and switched it on running on mains. Booted immediately. I thought it was just a fluke, so I restarted and even did a shutdown, leaving it for 10 minutes. No looping anymore. So instead of spending a packet on a new motherboard and still looping, my friend needs to invest in a new battery. Happy Friday to everyone, and thank you for trying to help. GB.