Sometimes valuable photos and videos take up too much storage space on your device. There is a solution: you can transfer them to your computer and free up storage space. If you own an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac it's quite easy to complete transfers using the AirDrop or Photos app. However, if you own a PC, it can seem a little bit more complicated because of the different operating systems. Here we explain how to transfer photos and videos from your iOS device to a Windows PC.
iCloud Photo Library for Windows
You can easily access your photos from a PC by using the iCloud Photo Library app for Windows. You can download the app for free in the Microsoft store. When the app is installed, sign in with your Apple ID. Then, enable automatic upload of your photos and videos to iCloud in iOS device settings: go to Settings > Photos and enable iCloud Photos.
Now you can adjust settings in the Windows iCloud app. Go to Options and checkmark iCloud Photo Library to store your photos and videos in the iCloud app.
Checkmark Download new photos and videos to my PC if you want to download them automatically and press Done. Now you can download your photos and videos from a mobile device by clicking on Download Photos in the Windows iCloud app.
The other option to import your iPhone photos and videos, which takes less time, is to go to iCloud.com from your PC and sign in with your Apple ID. To access the website you will have to follow the two-step authentication process, so keep your iOS device on hand to receive the confirmation code. Type the code into the related tab and you will be signed in to your iCloud library. Click on the Photos app icon and select the photos that you’d like to download.
Click on the cloud icon with a down arrow and download photos and videos.
Using Photos App
You can import your videos and photos from iOS devices to Windows PC by using Windows Photos application. Download Microsoft Photos App, if it’s not preinstalled on your PC and connect your iPhone, iPod, or iPad to PC with a USB cable. Unlock your iOS device. If you are connecting it to this PC for the first time, a prompt asking you to Trust this computer might appear. Click Trust.
Next, open the Photos app on your PC and click on Import in the upper right corner, then choose From the USB device.
Select photos and videos you wish to transfer and click Import selected.
The AutoPlay software on PC also allows you to import pictures and videos from your iPhone to PC. First, connect your iOS device to the PC by using the USB cable. Then, choose Import pictures and videos.
In the Import Settings choose the folder where you’d like to keep the downloaded files. Click on Import to start the transfer.
- Airdrop from ipad to windows
- Access ipad storage from pc
- Airdrop to pc
- Easy Photo Movie Maker > Download
- Xvideoservicethief video 2018 apk download video on android ios devices free > Forum - Software
- Problem downloading a video > Forum - Android
- Ios > Forum - IPhone
- Downloading videos from internet on my Sony tablet > Forum - Video software
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via Bluetooth
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Apple iOS 16.1: update, new features, release date
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to connect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- Raise to listen feature on iPhone: not working
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to sync email account on iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- Apple iPhone 14: release date, design, specs, price
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- Apple September event: iPhone 14, Apple Watch, AirPods Pro 2
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone?
- How to unlock a hidden trackpad on your iPhone/iPad?
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- How to turn on flash for notifications on iPhone
- How to turn AirPods into a microphone?
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Apple wallet: to pay, online, in store
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- Apple Watch Series 8: specs, price, availability
- Sync iPhone with PC or Mac: via iTunes, iCloud, Finder
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Top iOS 16 hidden features
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- How to delete your Apple ID
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to open and close Safari tabs on iPhone
- How to download music on iPhone with Music Downloader & Player
- App Store subscriptions: how to cancel on iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to save webpage as PDF on iPhone: iOS 14, iOS 12
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- Funny things to ask to Siri
- My computer doesn't recognize iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch