In anticipation of Spotify's 2022 Wrapped, a third part app, Instafest, is allowing you to create a custom music festival lineup based on your most-played Spotify artists. You cannot create this festival through the official Spotify app, you will need to use Instafest. In this article we will show you how to create your own Instafest festival lineup.
What is Instafest?
Instafest is a free, third-party app, developed by Anshay Saboo. It is designed to create customised festival lineups (think Coachella) with artists based on your personal favourites and most listened to artists throughout the year. Instafest is free to use and uses Spotify's official interface. Anyone with a Spotify account, or Last.fm account can make their own customised festival lineup.
How to see your Spotify Instafest?
- Go to the Instafest website. Once there you will be prompted to either sign into your Spotify account or your Last.fm account
- You will then need to allow the app access to your listening history. When you've done this your Instafest lineup will be produced.
- The Instafest lineup consists of your top 36 artists, with the artists with the most listens headlining each day.
- It is possible to choose a timeframe that the artists are chosen from. For example it is possible to create a lineup from the last four weeks, six months or all time. It could be interesting to see how the music that you listen to has changed (or hasn't).
- The name of the festival is based on your Spotify username. It will be your username + fest at the end.
- There are three background art designs to chose from: Malibu Sunrise, LA Twilight or Mojave Dusk.
Once you have finished customising your festival lineup you can easily download the image and share it with your friends.