YouTube is the most popular video hosting/streaming platform on the web nowadays. If you want to open an account or create a YouTube channel this article will guide you through the process.
How to create a Gmail account to upload YouTube videos?
To comment on videos and subscribe to your favorite channels on YouTube, you must be registered and have your own account. To do so, first, you will need to create an email account on Google.
Once you have set up your Google account, go to YouTube and if you are not already signed in, press Sign In in the top right corner and enter your Gmail address and password. Once it’s done, you can start uploading your videos to YouTube, as well as comment and like other videos and subscribe to different channels.
How to create a channel on YouTube?
There are two options: you can create your personal channel on YouTube or you can create a business channel. If you want to upload videos and share them with friends, the personal channel will be enough. However, if you are planning to work with YouTube, you might need to create a business channel with more extras.
Create a Personal Channel
Go to the top right corner and press on your Gmail account icon, then choose Create a channel option.
You can choose whether you want to use your Gmail account name or create a new one. Choose the first option if you want to use your own name and press Select. Add a channel description, links to your social media accounts, and website. Then press Save and continue. Now you can upload your first video on YouTube.
Create a Business Channel
To create a YouTube business channel you can simply go to Menu behind your Gmail icon and scroll down to Settings.
Here you have to go to the Account and choose the option Create a new channel.
How to upload a video on YouTube?
Now that you’ve created your account, you are ready to upload your first video to YouTube. Go to the top right corner and press on your Gmail account icon, then choose Your channel tab.
From here you can upload a video: just press on Upload video and drag and drop the selected file.
Create a title and write a description. Choose a thumbnail, a picture that shows what’s in your video, the more interesting the better as this is the first thing viewers will see before clicking on your video. Finally, make sure that you chose the right age restrictions if there are some.
You can also add an End screen to promote some content at the end of the video or choose Add cards to promote the related content during the video. After this press Next.
Finally, choose the visibility options: you can make it public, private, or unlisted – accessible only for viewers with a link. Press Save and enjoy your first video on YouTube.
- How to open a youtube account
- How to create a youtube channel
- How to upload a video to youtube
- How to make a youtube account private > Guide
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone > Guide
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2021) > Guide
- Manage your YouTube email notification settings > Guide
- How to delete or hide a video on YouTube > Guide
- How to get the transcript of a YouTube video: on iPhone
- How to download YouTube music to a USB
- How to change the size of YouTube subtitles
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to make a YouTube Short?
- The best YouTube gaming reviewers
- How to upload a picture with music to YouTube
- How to view your YouTube channel as a visitor
- Create a playlist out of your liked videos on YouTube
- How to get a YouTube video link: on Android, on PC
- Turn off YouTube embedding: for videos and for playlists
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- Download YouTube videos: on PC, Mac, and smartphone
- How to hide the subscriber count on YouTube
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to hide YouTube subscriptions and playslists
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- YouTube Studio: what is it and how it works?
- How to get YouTube Premium for free
- How to extract subtitles from YouTube videos
- Turn off YouTube notifications: Android
- Enable YouTube subtitles: on iPhone and Android
- How to make a video tutorial
- The best Halloween YouTube channels
- Best YouTube gaming channels
- What is YouTube Movies and Shows?
- What is YouTube shorts?
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14
- The best YouTube tech channels
- Clear your YouTube history on Android