Raw images store all the data in a photo, as compared to JPEG which is what is used when a photo is stored on a memory card. When RAW photos are developed using Adobe Photoshop, it gives amazing detail in the photo. To open a RAW photo in Photoshop CS3,copy every RAW photo on your hard disk. Open the RAW images in the Photoshop CS3 and when you see any multimedia file that is grayed out, it means that a plug-in from Adobe is required. Go to adobe.com, download updates and now go to Camera RAW Update. Select from a list of multimedia supported cameras and incorporate updates from operating systems on your computer. Follow the instructions for manually or automatically downloading the software.
Photoshop CS3 - How to open RAW files?
I have installed Photoshop CS3 and am using a Canon EOS 450D camera. I am trying to edit RAW pictures using Photoshop CS3 but they won't open. I also downloaded the camera's raw 3.7 software and followed all the downloading instructions on this page:
This did not help. When i try to open a RAW picture in photoshop CS3 i get this message:
Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document
First, you must download Adobe Camera Raw Plug-In 4.1.1 here
To install with Adobe Creative Suite 3 or Photoshop CS3:
- Exit Photoshop CS3.
- Open My Computer.
- Double-click Local Disk (C:).
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats
- Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop).
- Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
- Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in step 4.
- Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.
If generic camera thumbnails appear in Adobe Bridge, follow these steps:
Now you can open the .CR2 Raw files in Adobe Photoshop CS3.
- Check to make sure the plug-in was installed in the correct directory in step 4 above.
- Start Bridge.
- Choose Tools > Cache > Purge Central Cache.
Thanks to xpcman for this tip
on the forum
In the same category
Published by jak58
. - Latest update by Paul Berentzen