How to overclock your Nvidia graphics card?
Nvidia gives you the opportunity to easily overclock your graphics cards. This feature exists is available for most of the recent (mid-range, high end) NVIDIA graphic cards.
You will need to download the NVIDIA SYSTEM TOOLS WITH ESA SUPPORT
to install ForceWare drivers.
Installing the tools
- Launch the installation NVIDIA System Tools.
- Choose the tools you want to install.
- The most important one is the Nvidia nTune Performance System.
- Once the software is installed, it will create a shortcut on your desktop called "Performance".
Overclocking your Nvidia card
- Launch the application via the "Performance" shortcut.
- In the left pane, select "Configure Devices" to open the overclocking menu.
To apply the overclocking
- Under "Clock Speed", select "Custom" and use the slider button to adjust the memory/CPU timings.
- Avoid modifying the Shader timings as this may result in random crashes.
- The Nvidia utility allows you to create multiple profiles.
How to verify your overclocking?
If they are applied indiscriminately and without restraint, these changes may cause permanent damage to the graphics card.
It is essential to proceed in small steps. If crashes occur, lower the frequency or load the original values!