Ask a question Report

How do I bring my HP back to factory setting? [Solved/Closed]

Judy - Latest answer on Jan 24, 2013 10:25AM
Hello,
I have an HP pavilion XT963 that has way to many duplicate windows files on it. I found this out when I downloaded a duplicate finder. Since I dont know enough about what windows are safe to remove and which arent I have left them all on there. I am also having problems downloading some items because it will start the intial download and then I get an error message stating that there's a problem with the internet connection. But its connected and working fine. I am able to get online and get onto any site I want without any problem.
So I figure that if I can reboot the computer to its origional factory condition, maybe it will eliminate all the extra files and be like new. I'd do this by using disc's but I dont have any. So I'm stuck with a computer I can only do so much with. Yet not what I want to be able to use it for. Like downloading school work. I even have issues trying to download adobe reader.
Read more 
Answer
+134
moins plus
hey there,
i just restored my hp to factory conditions yesterday and its doing great. what u need to do is-

1. go to 'start' and find- recovery manager (all new hp computers have that)
2. press 'advanced' (u'll find this below on the recovery manager window)
3. u'll find some options after that. select 'restore computer to factory settings'

and there u go! all the best! :)

bish- Jan 2, 2013 06:17PM
First off there is no place that says "factory reset"
mosco- Jan 24, 2013 10:25AM
thank u so much i have being long 4 this.
Answer
+38
moins plus
hi there,

on boot process press f11 key or

press start and pin to hp backup&recovery

open the application then follow the instructions displayed on screen

Thanks

Answer
+26
moins plus
press F8 on start up and choose repair my computer. choose the username put in a password if the user has a password, choose hp recovery manager, then follow the onscreen prompts.

From
Siphiwe Guca
Incredible Connection
011 897-4308
hola baba, sho skhokho
RMM is on the way.

Answer
+4
moins plus
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...

please follow this link it works

This document entitled « How do I bring my HP back to factory setting? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.