Ask a question Report

Print screen won't work on Toshiba [Solved/Closed]

charlotte2702 2Posts Thursday November 13, 2008Registration date November 14, 2008 Last seen - Latest answer on May 10, 2013 08:58AM
Hello,
My print screen button on my toshiba does not work! I have tried using ctrl, alt and FN but none of these seem to work. the button says 'prtsc' and then undearneath it says 'sysrq'. I have tried pressing the print screen button, then going into paint/word and clicking paste, but none of these work!
Please help, I'm desperate!
Read more 
Answer
+75
moins plus
I am unaware of the resolution, but as an interin measure, you can try the following:
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > On Screen keyboard > Prt Screen.

Denise- Feb 10, 2009 07:22PM
Found something else that works.

press the FN key and the Prnt Screen keys at the same time.
The FN key is found beside the windows-logo key ( usually bottom left hand corner).

Alos, try the Snipping Tool. To find this, type Snipping Tool in the search bar. It walks you through the process.

Denise
mkosloskey- Jan 28, 2010 04:38AM
I have tried all these suggestions and still cannot get my laptop to do a screen capture for me to paste in word or email. Any other ideas?

I have a Toshiba Satellite and running Vista....need to do this for class....Please help.
MD- Apr 25, 2010 05:26PM
it worked! THANK U.
USAVEDMYLIFE- Oct 4, 2012 01:40PM
OMG thankyou!!! had ict hw thought i would not be able to do it.... YOU SAVED MY LIFE :)
Angelexa- Oct 8, 2012 03:49PM
Thank you Denise !!!!!!

Works !
Answer
+8
moins plus
thanks runsidd,

this worked on my windows XP too.

path of On-Screen Keyboard on WinXP is:

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > On Screen keyboard > Prt Screen.

tks to all whove contributed!
rajesh

kaajal- Apr 25, 2010 05:26PM
thanks!
Let- Apr 7, 2013 05:52PM
thank you!!!
Answer
+6
moins plus
Does your OS have snipping tool under accessories? I have Windows 7 and it works great for me. You can capture the entire screen or any portion thereof.

Answer
+6
moins plus
Hey. My laptop is Toshiba, too. Just click the PRTSCSYSSRQ button and then open Paint [etc.] and then paste it. Done.

Answer
+3
moins plus
you click the button on top for 2 sec. prtsc and go to paint and click ctrl-V if tht doeznt wrk idk wat will

NittanyLion- Jun 11, 2010 12:47AM
The key problem I think was not holding the button down for 2 seconds. Great input Dani!!!!
alix- May 10, 2013 08:58AM
what button on top ?
Answer
+1
moins plus
print screen has not worked since DOS days. What it does is copy whats on the screen you can then paste that image into PAINT

Answer
+1
moins plus
I had the same problem with XP with a MS keyboard. I unlocked the "F Lock" function (top right of keyboard) and PrtScn works again.

Answer
+1
moins plus
yo.
thanks so much.
the fn thing worked.
I have windows 7

LR- Dec 14, 2009 06:45PM
Wow windows 7! Do you use XP mode?
Answer
+1
moins plus
Thanks all.....the F lock solution worked for me.

Answer
+0
moins plus
WTF @xpcman?!!!

You are an idiot! Did you even READ Charlotte2702's post?

Print screen in vista isn't working on my pc either. I am unable to paste into any document or paint. An actual helpful reply would be nice, xpcman notwithstanding.

This document entitled « Print screen won't work on Toshiba » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.