Computer stuck at Windows XP loading screen

Solved/Closed
Adam - Updated on Jan 7, 2019 at 08:33 AM
 NitishG - Aug 5, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Hello,

My computer gets stuck, not frozen at the XP loading screen. It happens every time when I turn it on. The little blue dots will continue to scroll but the computer will never boot up. The computer boots in safe mode easily however. Oddly enough one day, out of frustration, I hit the side of the computer and it hesitated for a moment and then actually booted up.

This primal method for starting my computer worked for a while but I knew it was not a permanent solution because I have been told hard drives are somewhat delicate. I bought a new hard drive and cloned the old one hoping the old hard drive was the issue. The computer had the same issue however with the new hard drive. I am out of ideas I was hoping someone would have some advice for me.

I also recently replaced the power supply and shortly afterward is when the issue began occurring.
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Jan 7, 2019 at 08:33 AM
Hello,

If you are able to boot in Safe Mode, try system restore.

Good Luck.
Tried that one a while ago but it didn't work. Still hung up at the loading screen. Thanks for the hint though.
HEY EVEN I had the SAME PROBLEM MAN AND BROKE MY HEAD SEVERAL TIMES TO SOLVE THIS

THEN FINNALY called up a proffesional.. he says my mother board is corrupt and changed it and now its working fine ! :)

cheers :)
Go to safe mode download windows again ISO files and install it and done
I have tried everything and to no avail.I finally fixed it by myself and I hope it does for you too.
I couldn't boot into Safe mode initially either by the way!
Turn on your machine and keep hitting F8 until a list of options come up.
There's an option like,"Windows Diagnostic..System restore" .Press enter on it and it should check all your disks and boot into safe mode.
earlier,my PC would freeze after disk checking or at "windows is starting up".After restarting my PC normally after the safe mode,am able to log proceed after the "windows is starting up" screen. I did system restore just to make sure nothing happens again.Hope this helps! :)