My emachines netbook is booting wierd...

Solved/Closed
Micheal - Nov 18, 2010 at 06:59 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 19, 2010 at 03:25 PM
Hello, my netbook is booting very wierd it takes a long time to boot then it gets to the windows loading screen and then the screen goes black and brightens up to still being having a black screen. It then has the emachines logo as the background after about a half an hour a message pops up that says "the application failed to initialize property (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application." what do i do? if i have to bring it to a store if you can give me a guess on how much it will cost that would be great. you can also hear the fan blowing out warm air.

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 19, 2010 at 06:55 AM
Hello Mike

1] Is your netbook a Sony Vaio?
[2] If the disk on which Windows has less than 300 Mb, make some room?
[3] Your problem may also be due to a defective ram stick

Let me know if any of the above ring a bell to you.

Regards
my netbook is a emachines netbook with more than 300mb free room. how can i findout if i have a defective ram stick because after about 2 months of me using it and all during which it was under one of those laptop fans this started happening.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Nov 19, 2010 at 03:25 PM
Mike

What you wrote is a confusing to me: "...after about 2 months of me using it and all during which it was under one of those laptop fans this started happening."

If you have more than one stick, try removing one, then the other. If only one stick try cleaning it with a soft lint free cloth and alcohol. Clean the slot with compressed air. If you can borrow a compatible good stick, that would be dandy

I can assure you however that according to the error code you have given me, , the only 3 possible sources to the problem are the ones I have listed.

Let me know and good luck