Internet not working

Closed
subhash - Aug 3, 2011 at 08:10 PM
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 - Aug 11, 2011 at 06:02 AM
Hello,

I have dell inspiron 1420 and using ethernet cable to connect internet. From last few days, i am facing issue while connecting to internet. When i restart my computer, i can see internet connection and i can access yahoo or any other website but within few mins, my connection goes off. Same time when i tried connecting my another laptop by using wireless, internet works fine so i dont see any problem with internet connection. Please advise on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

chickbabyb Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 5, 2011
Aug 5, 2011 at 03:51 AM
Okay this worked for me go To the currently connected to on your laptop and right click on it then go too properties then where it says security type pick the one that says WPA-personal then type in your network security key and then click okay restart your computer and when it comes back on your should be connected and you should stay connected hope this helps
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 11, 2011 at 06:02 AM
Start -> Run..., cmd (enter). type in ipconfig /all and press enter.
Try rebooting the router by unplugging the router, and try a different port on the router.

open internet explorer and go into tools, internet options... connections and click on setup. Follow the instructions and make sure to select that his computer will connect thru another computer or gateway.

Barring everything else, open windows explorer and try to surf thru that. If that don't work,Try mozilla firefox. May be an issue with IE.