Compaq Presario CQ60 won't turn on! [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question LadyMC 4Posts Saturday January 26, 2013Registration date January 26, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on Jul 18, 2017 at 01:39 AM by Ramon
Hello all,

We have a 2 year old Compaq Presario CQ62-210 w/factory installed Windows 7.

Nothing happens when turned on - no lights, no buzz from the fan, no nothing.

This is our backup computer which isn't used much - worked fine with last use, but has been shut down for several days since.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks!! --MC
See more 
Helpful
+23
plus moins
Hello,

Try this 1

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power

button for 60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch

ON the laptop and later put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
Was this answer helpful?  
N3tte- Feb 6, 2015 at 03:15 AM
Omg I thought I had lost my dear old laptop to laptop heaven, have had it for a good few yrs. Google the problem, found this site, followed the steps thinking that this would NOT work and hey presto it works. Thank you VERY much ?
Helblau- Feb 11, 2015 at 05:30 AM
Worked a treat..thank you
vikkie- Mar 29, 2015 at 05:29 AM
Oh my goodness this worked love you!! Saved my life!
Pat- Apr 15, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Thank you for this help!
Helpful
+8
plus moins
Thanks to xpcman, my laptop is up & running -- what a great site this is!

Thanks!! --MC
Helpful
+3
plus moins
I don't know why, but amazingly this worked!
Thank you
Brenda- May 3, 2014 at 04:56 PM
I've had the same problem several times over the years, and it's always worked like a champ...just pop out the battery and keep it unplugged for a few hours, then boot from A/C power . But, now, I have the same problem again and all the power-related solutions are not working. Obviously, there are other issues that can cause the same symptom. Since the power lights came on momentarily (about 1 sec) before shutting down, with no error codes, I can only assume that it's not RAM-related. That pretty much leaves the motherboard. Sometimes, you just have to accept the inevitable...computers don't last forever.
Technician- Aug 25, 2014 at 02:15 PM
This trick does NOT work when you do not see the LED light up by the power connector. The Compaq/HP CQ, or G 60/70 series is known for shorting out one day and not working ever again. You need to pull the board and check around the area of the board that the connector for the power jack plugs into. You'll probably notice a bubble on the connector around one of the two + wires (red), indicating a power surge/overheat. Replace the motherboard.
Helpful
+3
plus moins
I usually unplug PC power cord, remove battery, re-install battery, plug in PC. This process works, but I do not know what is causing this issue.
Ambucias 43577Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus August 23, 2017 Last seen - Sep 7, 2014 at 07:10 AM
It's call "flea" power, over accumulated electricity.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
had same problem. laptop boots for a while and then turn himself off.
problem was the power suply.
instead of giving 18.5 volt that the laptop required it was giving only 14 volts.
replace of the powersuply fixed it

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?