In my desktop all icons changed to paint link [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question rohinivelu 6Posts Tuesday February 25, 2014Registration date August 9, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 20, 2017 at 01:59 AM by rchad81
in my lap all icons in the desktop,start menu,and in the toolbar turned to a link of paint, even run comment is not coming ( actually I right click a shortcut in my pen drive and select open with and then I selected the paint to open,,so that it comes I think,,plss help me pls pls plsssssssssss ,,even if I open the internet explorer it comes like windows cannot open this with paint
See more 
Helpful
+5
plus moins
Download the following

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/159134d1312706820-default-file-type-associations-restore-default_lnk_-shortcut-.reg

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Restart the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file (in Notepad), right-click the file (before opening it) and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.
The Zone- Jan 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Thanks it worked for me after downloading your link and selecting Run, I had a warning was I sure I wanted to open & change a KEY Value.. Yes to all. I had spent most of my day after I stupidly hit the wrong program!..

All my icons on desktop, start menu toolbar turned to super anti spyware after I went to open a document, open with choose program. I selected the wrong program "SUPERAntiSpyware" and now all icons and programs showing this I cant open or start the named file or program. I originally thought I had a virus but after collecting my thoughts after panic I found your solution, I trusted it and it worked fine. Thanks for your helpful post. The Zone
The Zone- Jan 19, 2015 at 10:37 AM
I should have said I am using Windows 7 64- Bit I also did not have to merge or select Registry or open a document. I just hit Run and said yes to any warnings restarted my PC and all was back to normal. Thanks Again..
ramya- Mar 25, 2015 at 03:34 PM
thank u so much pa... I too face this problem. u r great
Helpful
+1
plus moins
i think u misunderstood my question,,,in my lap all desktop and other icons in start menu changed to paint link,,if I right click internet explorer it is opening,but my other files in desktop is not opening,,it comes like windows cannot open this file in paint,,even I download registration entries and run that,,but there is no change..plss solve my problem pls pls pls
Helpful
+0
plus moins
widows 7
Helpful
plus moins
Hello

Click right on the IE shortcut, select open with and select IE.
Helpful
plus moins
Which version of Windows do you have?
Helpful
plus moins
i m using widows 7
Helpful
plus moins
wowwww..its working thank uuu soo muchhh....u made my day great

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?