In my desktop all icons changed to paint link

Solved/Closed
rohinivelu Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday February 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2014 - Feb 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM
 rchad81 - Mar 20, 2017 at 01:59 AM
in my lap all icons in the desktop,start menu,and in the toolbar turned to a link of paint, even run comment is not coming ( actually I right click a shortcut in my pen drive and select open with and then I selected the paint to open,,so that it comes I think,,plss help me pls pls plsssssssssss ,,even if I open the internet explorer it comes like windows cannot open this with paint
Related:

7 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 26, 2014 at 06:56 AM
Download the following

https://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/159134d1312706820-default-file-type-associations-restore-default_lnk_-shortcut-.reg

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Restart the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file (in Notepad), right-click the file (before opening it) and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.
Thanks it worked for me after downloading your link and selecting Run, I had a warning was I sure I wanted to open & change a KEY Value.. Yes to all. I had spent most of my day after I stupidly hit the wrong program!..

All my icons on desktop, start menu toolbar turned to super anti spyware after I went to open a document, open with choose program. I selected the wrong program "SUPERAntiSpyware" and now all icons and programs showing this I cant open or start the named file or program. I originally thought I had a virus but after collecting my thoughts after panic I found your solution, I trusted it and it worked fine. Thanks for your helpful post. The Zone
I should have said I am using Windows 7 64- Bit I also did not have to merge or select Registry or open a document. I just hit Run and said yes to any warnings restarted my PC and all was back to normal. Thanks Again..
thank u so much pa... I too face this problem. u r great
thank you