Acer laptop flashes from desktop to blue screen [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question jaksta 5Posts Thursday March 12, 2015Registration date March 13, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 5, 2017 at 08:15 PM by Jess
It did an update & I left it on to complete. It turned itself off when it finished. I started it up again & now when it gets to the desktop screen it flashes desktop screen & blue every few seconds & won't finish startup. I've rebooted & it still does it. I can't find battery think maybe it's built in? Please help I've only had it a few months & need it
See more 
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Turn off your laptop.
Turn it on and press Alt + F10 for Factory Recovery.
The Aspire E15 ships with Windows 8 pre-installed
Was this answer helpful?  
jaxta- Mar 16, 2015 at 05:25 AM
MaxStart you have made my day!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! All fixed just like that, I appreciate your help so much. Thank you to everyone who gave a bit of their time to help you are awesome!
MaxStart 346Posts Tuesday March 3, 2015Registration date ContributorStatus July 3, 2015 Last seen - Mar 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM
I'm glad it worked for u.
Jess- Apr 5, 2017 at 08:15 PM
It worked for me thank u very much I called customer tech and couldn't get help from them and looked it up on the internet and it helped me out!!!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I tried tapping the f8 key it didn't work :(
jack4rall 6525Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Mar 13, 2015 at 08:21 AM
Hello,
Let us know if you are able to get the advanced options after tapping the F8 key when you switch ON your laptop. Do you have the Windows 8 OS DVD?
Good Luck
jaksta 5Posts Thursday March 12, 2015Registration date March 13, 2015 Last seen - Mar 13, 2015 at 04:43 PM
No ive tried a few times & can't get the advanced options up at all. no I dont have the dvd it came with it pre installed.
MaxStart 346Posts Tuesday March 3, 2015Registration date ContributorStatus July 3, 2015 Last seen - Mar 14, 2015 at 10:57 PM
please provide the model number, so that I can help you get the recovery boot mode according to your model number
this is a common issue with pre-installed systems when you don't have the boot DVD
but don't worry everything is fixable
by the way seems that your system did not finish-up the update and just went out of power somehow this caused the system to crash.
just give us the model number we'll try to troubleshoot it with you.
jaxta- Mar 15, 2015 at 05:18 AM
Thank you it's good to know it's fixable! It's a Aspire E15
Landon morris- Feb 13, 2017 at 08:54 PM
I'm having the SAME issue! Same model mumber
Helpful
plus moins
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to

get "Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc"

key and keep tapping the F8 key)

Select the option "Last known Good Configuration"

2) If the problem still exists then follow Step 1 and this time select "Safe

Mode". Let me know if you are able to boot into "Safe Mode ".

Also let us know the "Operating System" you are using.

Good Luck
jaksta 5Posts Thursday March 12, 2015Registration date March 13, 2015 Last seen - Mar 13, 2015 at 04:05 AM
I tried it & it didn't work

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?