Not connecting to the internet.

Closed
akenath Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2016 - Jun 24, 2016 at 05:51 PM
miladolly Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2016 - Aug 16, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Hi.I am encountering this problem:Every time i try to connect to the internet i get connected to the router but not to the internet.Message:Access:local only.My ISP tried to solve the problem but did not succeed.This is what happened:I recently changed my ISP and they came and installed their router or modem or wireless device or whatever it is called.As i said it is saying connected but local access only.The ISP technician connected me to a network called test(ie he tested to see if i can connect to the internet and i did). He told me to change the name of the network which i did and also use a password and the try to connect.I am still not being connected. He told me how to reset wireless device which i did and will call me back, but he didnt. He said that this is something very peculiar how can i connect to the network named TEST and go on to the internet, but not to the network that i am connected to. Here is something else to note i have not disconnected my old ISP and this works perfectly no problem at all.I am running Windows Vista.Can anyone help?

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM
No. this is a problem that should be rectified by the ISP.
miladolly Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 16, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2016
Aug 16, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Here's a list of potential reasons for this.

• You use bad mix of Password and username.

• You either work with the bad IP Address or are writing the Ip address in a bad way, such as: 192.168.o.1

• Your firewall or antivirus software program is stopping you from being able to access the wireless router setup page.

• Sometimes your computer system also fails to join the home networking system.

More info: http://ww17.ipaddressdefinition.com/192-168-0-1-192-168-l-0/