Internet shows connected but can't browse [Solved]

Ask a question KrisW 3Posts Thursday March 23, 2017Registration date March 27, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM by Brooke_Harper
I'm hoping someone can help. Recently completed a system restore and connection to the interest both wireless and direct are showing signal strength as excellent however am unable to open a webpage. I have search the web and tried a few tips with no luck. I have removed all anti virus software as well. Thanks.
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hey, how are ya?

You can try this (assuming you haven't): Go to Control Panel / Network Connections / either the Local Area Connection Properties or the Wireless Connection Properties, or both. Then go to TCP/IP Properties. Check the IP address and DNS are set to "automatically obtain." Also, click the Advanced button and make sure that nothing is explicitly entered for Default Gateway, nor anything on the DNS tab.

You can also try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/811259/how-to-determine-and-to-recover-from-winsock2-corruption-in-windows-server-2003,-in-windows-xp,-and-in-windows-vista
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you for the response.
All the connection properties are set to automatic, this is one of the first things I checked, I have also tried the command prompt and entered netsh winsock reset. I have run through the link you provided and checked to see if windsock2 was corrupted. I have all the files that I should have example MSAFD TCP/IP however I have some extra ones that are MSAFD NET BIOS (Device Net Bt TCpip6 ......but I think these are ok.
I'm at a complete loss, I have search the web and tried everything I could find. The internet was working up to this point. The laptop is about 7 years old so I may just need to think about upgrading unless you have any other suggestions.
Thanks again for the response
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I got it sorted
Brooke_Harper 40Posts Saturday March 4, 2017Registration date ContributorStatus May 28, 2017 Last seen - Apr 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM
Awesome! How did you go about solving the issue?
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?