Internet shows connected but can't browse

Solved/Closed
KrisW Posts 3 Registration date Thursday March 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2017 - Updated on Mar 23, 2017 at 04:29 PM
Brooke_Harper Posts 38 Registration date Saturday March 4, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 28, 2017 - Apr 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM
I'm hoping someone can help. Recently completed a system restore and connection to the interest both wireless and direct are showing signal strength as excellent however am unable to open a webpage. I have search the web and tried a few tips with no luck. I have removed all anti virus software as well. Thanks.

3 responses

Brooke_Harper Posts 38 Registration date Saturday March 4, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 28, 2017 3
Mar 27, 2017 at 05:09 AM
Hey, how are ya?

You can try this (assuming you haven't): Go to Control Panel / Network Connections / either the Local Area Connection Properties or the Wireless Connection Properties, or both. Then go to TCP/IP Properties. Check the IP address and DNS are set to "automatically obtain." Also, click the Advanced button and make sure that nothing is explicitly entered for Default Gateway, nor anything on the DNS tab.

You can also try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/811259/how-to-determine-and-to-recover-from-winsock2-corruption-in-windows-se