I'm hoping someone can help. Recently completed a system restore and connection to the interest both wireless and direct are showing signal strength as excellent however am unable to open a webpage. I have search the web and tried a few tips with no luck. I have removed all anti virus software as well. Thanks.
You can try this (assuming you haven't): Go to Control Panel / Network Connections / either the Local Area Connection Properties or the Wireless Connection Properties, or both. Then go to TCP/IP Properties. Check the IP address and DNS are set to "automatically obtain." Also, click the Advanced button and make sure that nothing is explicitly entered for Default Gateway, nor anything on the DNS tab.
Thank you for the response.
All the connection properties are set to automatic, this is one of the first things I checked, I have also tried the command prompt and entered netsh winsock reset. I have run through the link you provided and checked to see if windsock2 was corrupted. I have all the files that I should have example MSAFD TCP/IP however I have some extra ones that are MSAFD NET BIOS (Device Net Bt TCpip6 ......but I think these are ok.
I'm at a complete loss, I have search the web and tried everything I could find. The internet was working up to this point. The laptop is about 7 years old so I may just need to think about upgrading unless you have any other suggestions.
Thanks again for the response