Most users have already been introduced to the use of P2P software (torrent clients) as a way to download files. This guide will teach you how to create and share your own files or folders through the P2P file-sharing protocol.
How to create a torrent with UTorrent?
- Open Utorrent.
- On the upper taskbar, click on File > Create new torrent, and a new window will open.
- If you want to create a torrent from a single file, click on Add file.
- If you want to create a torrent from a directory, click on Add directory.
- Setup all the other available listed below.
- Once everything is set up, click on the Create button and select a filename for the torrent file (ends with the .torrent extension).
- Click on OK to finalize the creation of the torrent file.
Close the Create New Torrent window and head to the Torrents > Seeding section to view the status of the torrent file.
- Skip files: This option allows you to exclude specific files and folders from the torrent file (when sharing a directory).
- Start seeding: Tick this checkbox to make UTorrent share the torrent file as soon as it has been created.
- Private torrent: It allows you to create a private torrent file and share it with specific users (requires private trackers).
- Preserve file order: It allows you to create a torrent where files and folders are sorted by name (in ascending order).
- Create Encrypted: Encrypts the torrent file.
- Trackers: UTorrent will automatically create an entry for the OpenBitTorrent tracker. You don’t need to edit this setting when sharing torrent files publicly (Copyright Free content).
- Web Seeds: It allows you to define all the other sources (URL) for the torrent file.
- Piece Size: You can leave this setting on Auto-detect.