If your internet connection is cut off when you are switching user in a Windows session follow the steps in this short article.
To stay online during when you change user on Windows:
To keep the connection when a user having an account on the PC wants to switch to another account:
- You will have to modify in the registry:
- Go to Start/Run and type in regedit/ press OK.
Enter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then head to <bold>SOFTWARE \ MICROSOFT \ WINDOWSNT \ CURRENTVERSION \ WINLOGON
- Right click and select New and create a chain value.
- The value is: KeepRasConnections.
- Double click on it and give it the value 1 in the data field and confirm with OK.
- Close the registry and perform a restart of the PC to apply changes.