In this article we will show you how to start or stop a service via the command prompt on Windows. The steps are outlined below.
How to start or stop a service?
The net command can be used to start or stop a service through the following command lines:
- To start a service:
Net start name_of_service
- To stop a service:
Net stop name_of_service
You need to be logged in as administrator to perform the above actions.
How to pause or resume a service?
If you do not have administrator rights, you can still pause and restart a service:
- Pausing a service:
Net pause name_of_service
- Resuming a service:
Net continue name_of_service
- Stop service command line
- Net stop service
- Stop service cmd
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings > Guide
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut > Guide
- Free fire customer service > Guide
- Attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* --> this cmd not working [solved] > Viruses & Security Forum
- CS:GO friendly fire command: in casual > Guide