By Typing Tutor Labs, Rapid Typing Tutor
is a program that aims at improving typing skills through a series of courses. Detailed below are some of its various features.
- Courses of different levels: Rapid Typing Tutor provides courses for any learner. This application offers introduction courses for very beginners and Beginner course for learning the position of keys on the keyboard. There are also advanced course and expert course for advanced and workers.
- Available keyboard: for the moment, Rapid Typing Tutor supports the following keyboards: Arabic, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Russian and Spanish.
- Virtual keyboard: to help learners place the correct finger on the keyboard, Rapid Typing Tutor has been integrated with virtual keyboard. It also supports QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak, Dvorak for left or right hand, BEPO, Colemak, ABNT2 and many others.
- Progress tracking: learners will have a complete report of their progress during courses and exercises. Rapid Typing Tutor provides users with statistics on typing speed, accuracy and time-out. Lessons can be edited and modified depending on the user's needs.
- Classroom: Rapid Typing Tutor can work on a local server to be used in classroom. That way, teachers can easily check their student's performance in computer science.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- RAM: 128MB
- Hard disc space required: 25MB
- Screen resolution: minimum display area is 800 x 600
- Display with more than 256-colors recommended (high-color)
- Rapid Typing Tutor offers a colourful program interface.
- It is downloadable free of charge.