DuckDuckGo is a privacy-focused search engine that receives more than 100 million daily search queries from users all over the globe.
What is DuckDuckGo? DuckDuckGo is a tool that lets you search the Internet without leaving a trace. It lets you decide for yourself whether you want to share information or not. The most common way to use DuckDuckGo is by installing the Google Chrome extension. Furthermore there is a DuckDuckGo app for mobile devices. This is our DuckDuckgo download page.
- Private Search: Perform as many searches as you want on the web, without worrying about data collection. DuckDuckGo does not store your IP address nor does it share your information with third parties. As a result, you will not will not receive targeted advertising, suggestions, or search results related to your profile.
- Secured Connection: DuckDuckGo automatically enables connection encryption whenever a website allows it.
- Tracker Blocking: Web trackers are scripts running on the websites that you visit. They are designed to collect things such as your personal information, preferences, and browsing behaviour. DuckDuckGo blocks these trackers so that your personal information does not fall into the hands of third parties.
- No Search History: Unlike most browsers or browser extensions, DuckDuckGo does not store your browsing activity and search history.
- Settings: You can customize the preferred search language, geographical area, and many other parameters, such as the look of the DuckDuckGo search engine interface, where your downloads are stored, etc.
How to Install DuckDuckGo?
The first step is to download DuckDuckGo, which you can do by clicking on the green button on the top of this page. Click here for an article with detailed installation instructions for the DuckDuckGo browser extension and how to make it your default search engine.
Is DuckDuckGo Free?
Yes, you can use all of the DuckDuckGo features completely free of charge.
Is DuckDuckGo Safe?
DuckDuckGo's primary concern is to guarantee the internet privacy of its users. It is a highly secure tool and a great alternative to mainstream search engines like Google and Bing. DuckDuckGo also has its own privacy blog, where you can find interesting articles on topics such as tracking in Incognito mode and how to live without Google.
In order to use the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension on your Windows or Mac computer, you need to have Google Chrome installed on your device.
Images: © DuckDuckGo.