This article will explain how you populate multiple excel sheets based on data entered in another main sheet.
I'm making an accounting workbook with the following criteria:
In the first sheet called "Account", all the transactions will be listed on table that goes from C6-H6, and on down for every entry. One of the columns in the table is labeled "Sector" and refers to expenses or revenues sources. There are 7 sectors and they each have a sheet in this workbook.
What I would like to do, is have each individual sector's sheet automatically populate with data each time the Account" sheet is updated, and have it based on the Sector column in the table. So basically, if the sector says "General", I would like for the entire row to be transferred to the sheet called "General". And so on for each individual sector.
Note 1: The Sector is entered in column H.
Note 2: Enter the sector as the last value of the row.
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Range(Range("C" & Target.Row), Range("H" & Target.Row)).Copy _ Sheets(Target.Value).Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) End Sub
To implement the code:
- Right-click on the "Account" tab and select View code.
- Paste the code in the big white field.
Thanks to TrowaD for this tip.
- How to auto populate data from multiple sheets to a master
- Auto populate dates on different excel tabs - Best answers
- How to auto populate in excel from another worksheet - Best answers
- Auto-populate a sheet with data from different other sheets ✓ - Forum - Excel
- How do you auto populate data from multiple sheets to a master? ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Auto-populate info. from master sheet to multiple sheets ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Autopopulating multiple sheets from one main sheet ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Auto Update Master Sheet - Forum - Excel