When working on a shared network, it is very common for multiple employees to access and change common files throughout the day. This article will explain how to implement a macro in Microsoft Excel that will send an automated email each time a change is made to a common document.
Excel Macro to Signal Document Changes
You may program this macro to send out emails to specific team members to alert them of changes to a network file.
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)
Dim answer As String
answer = MsgBox("This is where you put the text to prompt the user if he wants to save or not" vbYesNo, "here is the title of that box")
If answer = vbNo Then Cancel = True
If answer = vbYes Then
'open outlook type stuff
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OlObjects = OutlookApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set newmsg = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
'newmsg.Recipients.Add ("Name Here")
newmsg.Subject = "Subject line of auto email here"
newmsg.Body = "body of auto email here"
newmsg.Send 'send message
'give conformation of sent message
MsgBox "insert confirmation box test here",, "title of confirmation box"
'save the document
- Excel email notification
- Email notification from excel when changes are made - Best answers
- Excel auto email notification - Best answers
- How to turn off youtube email notifications - Guide
- How to turn off email notifications from snapchat - Guide
- Turn off email notifications - android - How-To - Gmail
- Excel online notification of changes ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel vba add multiple attachments to email ✓ - Forum - Excel