Do you have a PlayStation 4 but share the TV with your family making it difficult to find a free slot for gaming whenever you want? Maybe it would be easier to use your laptop or desktop PC as a monitor? Thanks to the Remote Play feature, you only need to connect the two devices to the same network to use them together and you can even be in different rooms! In this article we’ll explain step by step how it works.
1) First go to the Remote Play page for PS4. Once there, scroll down until you find the download link that corresponds to your operating system (Windows or Mac) and click on it. When the download is complete, open the file RemotePlayInstaller.exe. If a User Account Control message appears, click Yes.
3) If you want to install the application in a folder other than the default one, click Change Install Location. Otherwise, simply click Continue. Finally, click Install and then Finish to close the wizard:
4) Turn on your PS4 and connect the controller to your computer using a USB cable or the DUALSHOCK 4 charging cable. If this is the first time you’re doing this and you are using Windows 10, a message will appear indicating that the new peripheral is being configured (it should be ready for use in a few seconds).
5) Now run the Remote Game application on your PS4 and once opened, click on Start or press the OPTIONS button on the controller (from here you can also modify the transmission quality by entering Settings). On the next screen you will be asked to accept that the application collects data. If you want you can change this setting in Modify setting, if not just click on Confirm and continue.
7) Let the program search for your PS4, and if it’s successful, the next thing you should see on your computer is the system's home screen. To enter or exit full-screen mode, click on the arrow icon in the lower right corner. In addition, it's now possible to navigate the PS4 menus using the keyboard.