PlayStation is one of the most popular game consoles that has proven its reliability. However, sometimes the game disk can get stuck in the console. In this article, we will give tips on how to remove a stuck disk from PS3 and PS4.
My PlayStation crashed (yellow LED error) and a game disc is stucked in it. How to force-eject the game disc?
Solution for PS3
Note: This procedure does not work on PS3 60GB
- Turn off the PS3 by removing the power cord.
- Put your finger on the Eject button and hold
- While keeping your finger on it, turn on the PS3.
- Wait for 10 to 30 seconds (during this time, the fan will be louder than usual) and release.
- Your game disc should be ejected.
Solutions for PS4
If your console is located horizontally, then the problem with the stuck of the disk can be eliminated quite easily. To do this, follow the following:
- Turn off the console - press the power button.
- Disconnect the power cable and put the console vertically.
- Wait for about half an hour and connect the power cable again.
- Download the console in safe mode pressing the power button and holding it until you hear a second signal.
- Press the extract button on the console.
If these measures did not help, you will have to use a special Phillips screwdriver to open the console manually. The specific steps will depend on which PS4 console model you have. You can find instructions for this operation on the official webpage of PlayStation.