Keeping a PlayStation 4 gaming console up-to-date is important, especially if one wants to benefit from the latest features and play the latest games. But what can be done when your PlayStation 4 is not connected to the internet? Well, you can always download the update from playstation.com and then install it from a USB key. Below is the step by step tutorial.
What are the prerequisites?
A USB key and a PC connected to the internet (to download the update file).
How to update your PS4 with a USB?
Step 1: Prepare the USB key
At the root of the USB key, create a new folder and name it as PS4. Open the PS4 folder and create subfolder named as UPDATE. The folder names are case sensitive(USB key > PS4 > UPDATE).
Step 2: Download the update file
Download the PS4 update from this link: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/.
The latest system update is the v2.57 and it was released on July 22, 2015.
Rename the file as PS4UPDATE.PUP and transfer it to the UPDATE folder on your USB key.
Step 3: Update your console
Turn off your console and connect the USB key. Boot the PS4 in safe mode and select the following option: Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).
Follow the onscreen instructions to update your console.
- Update PS4 with a USB > Guide
- Ps4 too many usb devices connected > Guide
- How to flash Acer Aspire BIOS: from USB > Guide
- How to update PS3 with USB: safe mode > Guide
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO > Guide
- PS3 not reading discs: how to fix, after update
- PS4 controller not responding: white light, in game, on pc
- PSP update: 6.61, firmware, PlayStation
- Expand your PS5 storage: internal, external
- How to turn off vibration on PS4 controller: on PC, Fortnite
- PS3 recovery mode: without controller, not working
- How to turn off sound on PS4 controller
- PS3 can't obtain IP address: PlayStation 3 fix
- How to reset PS3 controller: on PC, without reset button
- How to connect PS4 controller to PS5
- How to connect your Playstation 4 to PC
- How to check battery on PlayStation controller: PS4, PS5
- PS4 safe mode: options, not working
- How to fix a slow PSP
- PS3 error codes and solutions
- Reset PlayStation 3: display settings HDMI
- PS3 mode not supported: Samsung HDMI, on TV
- How to play PlayStation 4 games online
- PS4 audio output settings: for headphones
- PS4 auto shutdown: after download, in rest mode
- Link PlayStation 4: to Facebook, to Twitter
- How to turn off PS4 system sounds
- How to disable PS4 share play
- How long to charge PlayStation controller: PS3, PS4, PS5
- Install Flash Player on Playstation 3: 2021
- How to clear your PS4 browsing history?
- How to play MP4 on a PSP 3000
- How to turn off notifications on PS4
- How to buy games on PlayStation store: for free
- How to change the language on PSP
- Find and add friends on PS4: from Facebook, online
- PS4 text to speech: not working
- Turn off controller vibration: PS3
- How to clear PS3: cache, cookies
- PS5 console: release date, price, stock
- How to connect a BigBen controller to a PS3
- How to reset your PlayStation network password?
- How to clear your browsing history on PS3?
- Obtain an IP address on the PS3
- Switch from HDMI to SCART: PlayStation 3
- Sony bug bounty program: explanation and rewards
- How to add the accessibility menu to Quick Menu on PS4?
- How to delete cookies on PlayStation 4
- How to save and backup game data on PS4
- How to customize the PS4 controller
- How to connect a PS4 or Xbox One controller: iPad, iPhone
- PS Now vs PS Plus
- PlayStation 4: tips and tricks
- How to take screenshots on PS4
- How to save battery life on PS4 controller
- PlayStation 5: upcoming games releases
- Game disk got stuck in PS3 / PS4: how to force-eject it