How to transfer videos to your iPod/iPhone/iPad?
By default iOS devices can only read videos in the MP4 format. You can always try to overcome this limitation using the VLC media player for iOS
. This tutorial will walk you through how to convert and transfer videos to your iOS device.
Convert video to MOV to MP4 from iTunes?
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the Library > Movies section.
- Add the video file you want to convert.
- Select the video, go to Advanced > Create version for iPod and iPhone.
- A second video is created (in the MP4 format).
You can also convert your AVI files using Free Video Converter
Transfer videos to your iOS device:
- Connect your iPod or iPhone to the computer.
- It will be listed in the Device section.
- Click on your device > Manually manage music and video.
- Go to the Movies tab and select (check) the videos you want to transfer.
- Click on the Sync button.
- Movies2iPhone is a software that can encode videos in a format compatible with iOS devices.
- Many formats are supported.
- It is compatible with XP and Vista.
- Download here: http://www.movies2iphone.com/
- Install the software and launch it.
- Click on "Convert movie"
- Select the video file
- Click on "Destination Folder"
- Choose the Desktop or "My Videos" ...
- Click on "Convert movie for my iPhone"
- Once the conversion process is completed, transfer the video file to iTunes and repeat the above operation.
Thanks to Kamu and Frantz69 for this tip!
This document, titled « How to transfer videos to your iPod/iPhone/iPad? », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM