What is a replay attack? A replay attack is a network, a "Man-in-the-middle" attack that involves intercepting data packets and replaying them. This means resending them as is (with no decryption) to the receiving server. Another common name for this kind of attack is playback attack
What are the dangers?
As a result, depending on the context, the hacker can benefit from the user's rights. Imagine a scenario in which a client sends an encrypted username and password to a server to log in. If a hacker intercepts the communication (using monitoring software) and replays the sequence, they will obtain the same rights as the user. If the system enables password modification, they could even replace it with another one, depriving the user of his access. So, what are the possible solutions?
One of the most general solutions is using an ID session (session tokens) for every encrypted component, as well as a component number. Session IDs are generated randomly which makes them unique and thus, they decrease the chances of replaying them. With this solution, there is no interdependency and thus, fewer vulnerabilities.
Message Authentication Code
Another way to prevent replay attacks is to send an arbitrary number (single use) and add a message authentication code (MAC).
Timestamping is (encoded) information as to when a given event occurs. The receiver can broadcast this information with a MAC and then the sender has to give an accurate estimation of it to send them a message. If the estimation is correct, the receiver can then accept the message.
One-time passwords expire after a certain amount of time. They can be used when authenticating transactions or in order to establish communication between two parties.
- "xvideos." com
- Xvideos.com xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack online free download
- Replay Attack
- Xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 > Forum - Facebook
- Xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 video youtube [solved] > Forum - Android
- I want download a 4 chanal video mixer software > Forum - Downloading
- Probleme après une restauration du système Windows 7 [solved] > Forum - Windows 7
- How to delete Autorun.inf file
- Can a JPEG File contain a virus?
- How to remove the Search Baron virus on Mac
- How to remove Reimage PC Repair Online
- Remove VBS virus: manually, with an antivirus
- How to remove the Google Redirect virus: on PC, Mac
- URL manipulation attacks: example, measures
- Protect your personal data: avoid malware, password, VPN
- Check your phone for viruses: antivirus, for free, online
- Types of malware: attacks, viruses, spyware
- What is Joker malware and how to remove it?
- How to download WinZix: for PC
- How to get rid the Snap.do virus: manually, cleaning tools
- How to check an email address
- Nodersok Malware: what is it and how to protect your PC
- How to remove shortcut virus: usb, pendrive