Not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook

omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM - Latest reply: sahil1234 2 Posts Friday July 13, 2018Registration date July 14, 2018 Last seen
- Jul 14, 2018 at 02:56 PM
Hello,

I've the same problem numerous users seem to have and there does not appear to be a solution. I have followed all of the threads which would seem to indicate there is a resolution, however none of them appear to solve the actual problem.

I am not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook. I spent an hour with my ISP yesterday and they assured me - no emails are hitting my SMTP account coming from Facebook. Nothing in the SPAM Folder, the Email Address is correct(it's on my own domain), the email account is not blacklisted anywhere.

Is there not any possible way to reach a real person at Facebook support to help resolve this issue? Contacting their support seems to require you be logged in. WHAT IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN???

I have even had my acccount blocked for trying to many times to get a password (forgot password link) and I have had t engage my 3 trusted contacts to provide me with a code; which they did. Guess what! After you do this it say's it is sending you an email.

Problem is- NO EMAILS EVER SHOW UP.

SO #FRUSTRATED with Facebook at the moment.

HELP!
See more 

Your reply

12 replies

Ambucias 53195 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 04:58 PM
Thank you
Greetings,

Are you serious when you ask if it's possible to reach a real person at Facebook support? Facebook has created a system just so to avoid those kinds of contacts. Facebook could not possibly handle all the traffic even all of their 60,000 employees were put on the job. Remember that Facebook has 2 billion users.

Now, based on CCM's experience, lets see if we can find an answer or at least an end to your issue.

Answer all of my questions:

1. Why did you request a reset code?

2. Do you always log in from the same device or same location ?

3. Have you created your account on a computer or on a mobile phone.

4. Is your Facebook email address presently active?

5. Is your Facebook page presently online so that even me can get a look at it if I wished? If so, provide the url.

No need to thank me, I'm a volunteer here at CCM at the pleasure is all mine.
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 06:48 PM
And for clarity sake, when I try to login with the new password I receive.

Please confirm your new email
In order to access your account, please check for an email at "mywork-address". Simply click the link in that email to confirm your new email address.

If you did not receive your email click here to resend. No emails ever come #Frustrated
Ambucias 53195 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 05:16 AM
I think that the email is still being sent to an old address. Of course you need the mail to confirm your new password. Was your account kept up-to-date?
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 08:49 AM
All except the phone number. Sigh
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 09:47 AM
I appreciate your trying to help. Looks like they just lost a member.
Ambucias 53195 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen > omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 04:49 PM
I have just read that Facebook, in cases similar to yours has technical difficulties.
Respond to Ambucias
sahil1234 2 Posts Friday July 13, 2018Registration date July 14, 2018 Last seen - Jul 13, 2018 at 02:15 AM
Thank you
Hello,
I am not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook. Nothing in SPAM/JUNK folder.
I also try this link to search my account and there is nothing wrong in my email id, i'm easily find my account through my email id.

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify

This is your Question

1. Why did you request a reset code?

2. Do you always log in from the same device or same location ?

3. Have you created your account on a computer or on a mobile phone.

4. Is your Facebook email address presently active?

5. Is your Facebook page presently online so that even me can get a look at it if I wished? If so, provide the url.

This is my Answer

1. 11 month ago i change my password and login to my Facebook android app on my mobile, so it is a one time login and i don't need to login again. now i lost my phone and i don't remember my password.

2. yes, but now device is change because i lost my phone.

3. on computer in 2010

4. yes

5.yes

Please help me
Ambucias 53195 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen - Jul 13, 2018 at 04:22 AM
Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgot your account? or Can't login? in the top right.https://www.facebook.com/login/identify
Fill out the form to identify your account.
Select I forgot my account on the next page if prompted.
Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don't have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these?
Follow the instructions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends
sahil1234 2 Posts Friday July 13, 2018Registration date July 14, 2018 Last seen - Jul 14, 2018 at 02:56 PM
I click on that link and insert my email id and click on the search button.(i also try with my phone number.)
then he show me my facebook account.
but there is only one option to reset my password and the option is my email id.
so my first problem is that, Facebook search my account with the help of my phone number is that mean my number is still link with my facebook account, so why facebook not send me code to my number but there is no option to choose my phone number, still i don't understand why?
so i choose my email id option and i don't receive any email from facebook, my junk or spam folder still waiting for that email.
After long time waiting i choose No longer have access to these?
then facebook ask me
How can we reach you?
Please enter an email address or phone that you know you can access. We'll use this address to send you messages about recovering your account.
i entered my new email id and click to continue.
then facebook tell me send this link to your three trusted friend and get code from them.
then i insert that code and click continue and after that facebook tell me we send a link to your new email id please click on that link and complete your verification,
but still i don't get any link to my new email id.

Please help me.
Respond to sahil1234