Sony laptop screen light problem [Solved/Closed]

Sandalwood 2 Posts Thursday June 11, 2009Registration date June 12, 2009 Last seen - Jun 12, 2009 at 03:38 AM - Latest reply: Upp2014 1 Posts Thursday October 2, 2014Registration date October 2, 2014 Last seen
- Oct 2, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Hello,

I have a sony laptop. When I turn the computer on the screen light comes on for just a second or two in a pink color. Then the screen becomes so dim I can barely see what is on it. It is not blank. I can see it dimly. I have used the key to lighten the screen but that does not seem to do anything. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Just the light maybe? I had someone tell me it could be the Mother Board. But would I even be able to see anything if it was something serious? Will this be costly to fix ?

Thank you. Any help is appreciated.
See more 

6 replies

Best answer
be.st55 2 Posts Sunday April 19, 2009Registration date June 12, 2009 Last seen - Jun 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Thank you
Hello,

i think its the ribbon that connects your screen to your motherboard!
I will advise you to take it to a technician to get it repaired!

Thank you, be.st55 2

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1915 users this month

Sandalwood 2 Posts Thursday June 11, 2009Registration date June 12, 2009 Last seen - Jun 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Thank you very much!
Best answer
Thank you
heres the solution! if ur fn + F5 key doesn't work...

1. go to start
2. go to control panel
3. click "power options" has a pic of a battery
4. click "change plan settings" under "balanced"
5. change "adjust display brightness"

Thank you, babygrl 2

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1915 users this month

Thank you
Hey, im no computer dude but I had the same problem as well... what I did was go on sony's website and just put in ur model number and search drivers. installed the latest drivers and not only did fn/brightness key work but overall system was faster and smootherrrr. btw make sure u choose it for either vista or windowss
Thank you
No guys, I have the same problem, I did my research about it, the problem is the light bulb inside the monitor, needs to be replace, in order to be replaced take ur lapto to the sony store and pay 100.00usd to have them ship to their repair center.
I notice my computer screen having a small black spot in the lower right hand corner of the monitor for a while, then eventually the whole screen became black, but still I was able to see the screen then the whole screen became black.
I do use the computer using a HDMI1 cable thru my tv that will sove ur problem untill u get it fix
Carlos
zvcarlos@yahoo.com
Upp2014 1 Posts Thursday October 2, 2014Registration date October 2, 2014 Last seen - Oct 2, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Thank you
Hello, I wanted to share my experience regarding this topic.

A while ago, my screen too turned its color to pink but not flat out. It becomes dim pink. Unfortunately, I did not get a screen shot of it. I did my research as well. And I ended up here at kioskea forums to look for an answer. I focused on this thread:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich-78673-laptop-screen-pink-out

and centered my trial and error to the "video card problem" that I have read. I almost opened all the hardware of my laptop.

Btw, Sony Vaio Fit 15A is the model of my laptop.

Until I turned at the flip screen and I saw that there are screws in there and tried to open it up.

<<I'm actually trying to insert a picture here but it's not processing. :P>>

Actually, I can't open it wholly. But it seems like there's something about the video card in there perhaps. Im no techie much.

So there, what I did was I lightly pressed that part. Note that it was slightly open coz I disengaged all the screws in it. And then, my screen turned back to normal.

I hope my post will help for those who has the same problem and doing their research as well.

Thanks kioskea. :)