Hashtags doesn’t work

Solved/Closed
BoSa27 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 19, 2020 Status Member Last seen February 19, 2020 - Feb 19, 2020 at 06:21 AM
Instamixes Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 28, 2020 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2020 - Aug 28, 2020 at 10:13 AM
Hello,
I have notice that since a few weeks my posted photo is not showed in the hashtags that I use with the placed photo’s.
I have reported this problem a few times at the helpdesk of Instagram but I don’t get a reaction of them.
I have removed the Instagram App and installed it again but the problem isn’t solved yet. Anyone an idea what the problem could be???
Related:

4 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Updated on Feb 19, 2020 at 02:56 PM
Hello, there are several possible reasons for why your hashtag is not being recognised.

Your profile has been flagged as spam

This is one of the main reasons for a hashtag not working. Instagram is surprisingly strict when it comes to hashtags. In an attempt to limit the amount of spamming, excessive use of hashtags gets flagged.

You can try removing hashtags on previous posts and refrain from using hashtags on your next few posts to ‘refresh’ your account.

Your Hashtags Are Not Relevant to the Content You Post

If you are constantly posting photos of cats, but using irrelevant or inappropriate hashtags in an attempt to gain a wider audience, this could be an issue. Also if you are just adding random hashtags #we, #you, and #the in an attempt to increase your reach, you will get flagged for spam. Also, such hashtags would serve little to no use, as few people follow them.

Your Profile Has Been Flagged as Spam

There are actually quite a lot of banned hashtags. Here is a seemingly complete list of them.
If you have been using banned hashtags, this may be one of the factors as to why you can no longer add hashtags.

You can easily check if a hashtag is banned, either by searching in the above list, or by entering the hashtag you want to use in the search bar. If you see this message:

Recent posts from #_____ are currently hidden because the community has reported some content that may not meet Instagram’s community guidelines.

Then the hashtag has been hidden.

You’re Reusing Hashtags

If every post you are uploading has the same selections of hashtags each time, Instagram may recognise this suspicious behaviour and limit your posts reach.

Let me know how you get on!

David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

lays_4444 Posts 35 Registration date Monday October 7, 2019 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2021 6
Jul 23, 2020 at 05:00 AM
I curious is it now working? Could be an instagram bug or IG was down at that moment?
rexwright Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 22, 2020 Status Member Last seen July 22, 2020
Jul 22, 2020 at 05:40 AM
Hi,

I hope you are well. There is a great thing that you can do on your Instagram photos and videos you can add your custom hashtags by making yourself and that is relevant to your stories.
Hi,
Hashtags are use for get more traffic on your instagram account. If you can't find relative hashtags for your post i found a website where you can find relative hashtags for your posts.
Instamixes Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 28, 2020 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2020
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:13 AM
Hashtags always work on Instagram. You can put relevant hashtags related to your category. You can try 'ritetag' website to getting relevant and trending hashtags.