You have guessed the code too many times. Please contact customer support for as

Solved/Closed
-
Registration date
Friday September 17, 2021
Status
Last seen
September 17, 2021
-
Hello,

Today a friend is having issues getting into Whatsapp at an iPhone, her phone asked to set a verification code even when her account was already verified for months. Now she only gets "You have guessed the code too many times. Please contact customer support for assistance" and she doens't get a waiting time.

Which steps we can follow to recover the account?

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 81.0
Related:

4 replies

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 29, 2021
Hi,

In this case, your friend should choose Contact Support and describe the problem. Tap on Next > This does not answer my question and send the email.
Thank you

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

hi! this just happened to me today. Was you friend able to fix this problem? and if so how? thank.
Yes, write to support and then wait, it seems they solved the problem haha
Registration date
Tuesday December 8, 2020
Status
Last seen
December 15, 2020
WhatsApp requires an active phone number to create an account. If you’re having issues verifying, please verify the following:

You have the latest version of WhatsApp installed from the App Store.
You have entered your full international phone number, including the country code (or select your country from the country list).
An example of a US phone number is: + 1 408-555-1234.
Omit any leading zeros (0s) or exit codes from your number.
Your phone has full Internet access with a strong signal. Try opening a web page to make sure.
Your phone can receive international SMS messages.
You’re not using an unsupported device such as an iPod touch or iPad.
Your device isn’t jailbroken.

After you enter your phone number, please wait for an SMS to be delivered to your phone. The SMS will contain a 6-digit verification code, which you can enter on the verification screen in WhatsApp. The verification code is unique and changes each time you verify a new phone number or device. Please don’t guess the verification code as you may be locked out for a period of time.

Note: If you have iCloud Keychain enabled and have verified this number before, you may be automatically verified without receiving a new SMS code.
Registration date
Friday September 17, 2021
Status
Last seen
September 17, 2021

@Turcotte_Lee You are an Idiot!!! did you even bother to read the problem???
I have the same problem and the sms does not get sent and no code
"You have guessed the code too many times. Please contact customer support for assistance" and she doens't get a waiting time.
I have guess the codes many times..am very sorry for breaking the rules....its very important whatsapp....lesson have learnt....to appreciate the rules...i will never do it again