Instagram recommends only official celebrity accounts

Closed
bluthn Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2020 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2020 - Updated on Nov 8, 2020 at 09:30 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14450 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen October 8, 2024 - Nov 9, 2020 at 04:22 AM
Hello,
I recently opened an Instagram account and connected through Facebook with hopes to follow my friends. At the beginning in the app below login as Name Surname it says "your 100 other friend have Instagram". I thought that it would automatically send follow request to all my Facebook friends but nope. Then I say alright let's add them manually one by one and go to discover people and there I only see Instagram recommended verified celebrity profiles, despite having followed a couple of Facebook friends.
In Settings I go to 'Follow and Invite Friends' and there are only options to follow contacts, invite friends by whatsapp,SMS etc. but no Facebook friends. I read in some forums that Facebook has disabled this possibility in newer versions so I installed version 40.
There in Options I can find Invite Friends and beneath it says "Invite Facebook Friends". I click it and it is empty and it says:
"No Sugestions to Show
When you have new Facebook Friends to invite, you'll see them here

Below is Follow People and 'Facebook Friends' option. I click it, log in to FB again and it's empty saying
"No New Friends to Show
When you Facebook friends are on Instagram, you'll see them here"
I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times, restarting the phone, logging in from different Android and iOS devices and none of them worked.
Thanks in advance

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 86.0.4240.183
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14450 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen October 8, 2024 1,860
Nov 9, 2020 at 04:22 AM
Hi,

Your friends may not have an Instagram account, or their Facebook account may not be linked to their Instagram account. You can ask them to give you their account link in order to follow them.