Help putting Vista back in Toshiba a215 s7444

Closed
fllrfth - Nov 23, 2009 at 09:46 PM
 fllrfth - Nov 24, 2009 at 04:48 PM
Hello,

Trying to put windows vista back in a Toshiba Laptop a215 s7444. The orig operating system (Windows Vista) was formatted to put win xp in it, but it became too painful so I decided to put the Win Vista back in but when I put the CD in to boot it goes through the process until the "load drivers", when I put in an sep CD with the drivers it says on drivers found, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Nov 24, 2009 at 12:27 PM
hi there,

please provide more information

and from the beginning of the process to insall vista back

and are you using vista installation dvd or recovery disc?

Thanks
Hey Closeup and Forum,

there's two painful issues now, first: The laptop has been formatted (no os in it at all) so when I put in the windows vista cd (vista installation DVD) the machine begins to boot and load windows vista. it goes through the "select language" etc... then the enter your activation key, to the upgrade or custom install section, now, I then click the custom install tab, it goes to the "choose which drivers to install" I then load a separate cd with the necessary drivers and that's' when all hell breaks loose, that's when the pop ups make their debut, "drivers not found", "unable to install" etc... The second issue is with my desktop, as of last night the windows vista on my desktop won't load, it begins to load, it goes to the black screen where the microsoft rectangular motions bar shows the left to right motions as if it's loading but its not and while this is going on the cpu makes an clicking sound. I think my desktop (with vista) is mad at me for trying to downgrade my laptop (to xp), it's as if they both said "well smart ass lets see how you function now with no working laptop or desktop HA HA HA HA!!!!"

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Nov 24, 2009 at 04:34 PM
Did you try without the "custom" option. I would let it try to install Vista and then install the drivers after it has completed. It may be looking for RAID drivers only during the custom install.

Good Luck
yes, xpcman,

The upgrade function on that same page as the custom function tab is disabled, the upgrade tab is not an clickable option (not sure why), and in order to move to the next page of the installation you'll have to click the custom tab.

Thanks