Can only connect using firefox, nothing else

Solved/Closed
techidiot - Dec 28, 2009 at 07:20 AM
 kimzson - Jun 25, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Hi everyone,

for some time now I've been able to connect to the internet ONLY through Mozilla Firefox, not Internet Explorer - just says 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage.... I also cannot use iTunes or other programmes that require internet connections.

I've checked my firewalls but can't seem to see a problem. Using firefox the wireless connection is good.

Anyone have any suggestions?
much appreciated.

2 responses

sarbel.vilo Posts 233 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 1, 2010 31
Dec 28, 2009 at 08:14 AM
Hi there, clear the cache of all your other browsers you can't use, this may work !
hey cheers. I seem to have fixed it by deselecting the 'use a proxy server' in the LAN settings. not sure why but this appears to have done the trick. thanks anyway
kigango123 > techidiot
Mar 15, 2010 at 05:59 PM
totally worked for me.I guess settings for internet explorer are really important
thank you so much, I wish most internet users were this helpful/friendly
Techidiot, I had this same problem. You saved my life, I can now use my Zune software again, I feel like my head is going to explode into candy right now!
That worked perfectly. I was driving myself crazy. Thank you techidiot. You rock!