Can only connect using firefox, nothing else [Solved/Closed]

-
 kimzson -
Hi everyone,

for some time now I've been able to connect to the internet ONLY through Mozilla Firefox, not Internet Explorer - just says 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage.... I also cannot use iTunes or other programmes that require internet connections.

I've checked my firewalls but can't seem to see a problem. Using firefox the wireless connection is good.

Anyone have any suggestions?
much appreciated.

2 replies

Registration date
Tuesday November 18, 2008
Status
Last seen
August 1, 2010
Hi there, clear the cache of all your other browsers you can't use, this may work !
hey cheers. I seem to have fixed it by deselecting the 'use a proxy server' in the LAN settings. not sure why but this appears to have done the trick. thanks anyway
> techidiot
totally worked for me.I guess settings for internet explorer are really important
thank you so much, I wish most internet users were this helpful/friendly
Techidiot, I had this same problem. You saved my life, I can now use my Zune software again, I feel like my head is going to explode into candy right now!
That worked perfectly. I was driving myself crazy. Thank you techidiot. You rock!
hi goto all START>all programs>mozilla firefox>mozilla firefox safe mode, load browser then:

Then tools>options>advanced>network>connection>settings then select np proxy for IE/chrome