Registration date
Monday February 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 15, 2010
-
 cisco hater -
Hello,
I have a Linksys WRT120N router and it consistantly drops the internet connection. I bought a new router but it did not solve the problem. I upgraded the router firmware with no success. Any suggestions?
Related:

7 replies

Registration date
Monday February 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 15, 2010
If I connect the cable directly from the modem to the PC the internet is not dropped. So I do not think it is the modem or the signal.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3916 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
My modem displays signal "power level" (power levels lower than -13 dBmV and I would call your ISP)
and pages of Logs with messages generated by the Modem. I would look to see if there are any correlations between the logged events and your outages.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3916 users have said thank you to us this month

cffa
Registration date
Monday February 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 15, 2010
I just says that tuning is completed. There are no logs on this page. When I do a Trougleshoot is says that the router is working properly and recommends that I turn on the auto refresh to every 10 seconds. Which I did.
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Who is your ISP and what modem are you using?

Try this modem address in your browser http://192.168.100.1/ and see if you can get a status page.
Registration date
Monday February 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
February 15, 2010
I am using Roadrunner and I was able to access the status page. What am I looking for?
Mine did the same thing, I changed the wireless security setting from WPA2 to WEP and that solved the disconnection issue, Now I just have a 50% loss in download speed and tech support say this is normal good old Linksys
Ugh! Don't blame Linksys, blame Cisco. I had the original Linksys router (non wireless) and it worked for years non stop. It finally died so I bought this new version that you have. Dumb thing drops the internet connection about once a week. The only thing different in my network topology is this new router. Piece of crap by the sounds of it.
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
If the router was not the problem then it's the modem or a weak signal into the modem from your ISP.
Registration date
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Different modems and different functions I guess. Good Luck fixing your problem.