Internet connection from edimax 7416Apn V2

Closed
Maddog - Aug 7, 2010 at 02:56 PM
 timblewee - Aug 28, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Hello, I have a Netgear DG834G router attached by an ethernet cable to my main PC and then use the wirless capability for my netbook. Unfortunately, i live in an old cottage with very thick walls and now want to boost my signal further around the house. I have installed (or tried to) an edimax 7416APN V2 extender, and although i have tried and tried i cannot get the edimax to connect to the internet. My netbook recognises the edimax in the room i want and i have a strong signal, but when i open up the wireless list it shows there is a signal but no internet. I am no expert and have tried all the normal setup routines, both from the supplied software and from various posts on blogs. Is there a chance someone has had the same issue and found a way around. I was wondering if the signal in this room (weak from the base router strength 3 bars) was not strong enough to be boosted but they are only 10M apart?

Help anyone? Please

JM

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Hi there,

You must use a wireless network repeater,you will have it in computer shops or you can also order it online from various resellers,here is a picture of the device:

http://www.mcmurdo.co.uk/products/product.html?product_type=16&product_sector=6&product=78

Thanks
I have exactly the same problem and I have tried and tried to find a solution but I cannot